Monday, January 2, 2012

A Book Interruption- Fairest

A blog about a chick flick will be coming soon, but I just needed to rave about the book I just read, "Fairest" by Gail Carson Levine. I read the whole thing today, which wasn't a big feat considering it is for young readers.But, I loved it. Not quite as much as Ella Enchanted, but almost. I can't help but be swept off my feet. I love the way the characters are portrayed and how it's an easy, intriguing read. I love Levine's books because they're based off of Fairytales, and what girl doesn't like a good fairytale? I squeaked several times while reading the book. Some scenes caught me off guard, appealed to my inner romantic, and totally sent my thoughts flying!
I think it's funny the ideas that romance puts in girls' minds. I wonder what the guys think of the whole thing. The woman of the world go around looking for Mr. Darcy, or Prince Charming, perhaps maybe the Sam Worthington's of the world. Do guys ever get irritated that literature and movies put these absurd ideas into our heads about what a man should be? Or do they accept the challenge?

I guess it's kind of like the men of the world looking for the Megan Foxx's.

Anyways. I love Fairytales. I thrive off of them. Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, all wonderful! It almost matches up with my love of Jane Austen. My poor perception of men is going to be so skewed ;) I guess God will have to be the one to figure that out!

Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment