Monday, March 1, 2010

Fleeting Glances

 Is the ideal greater than reality? Is the imagined better than the truth? How long must this torment continue? It's becoming humorous how caught up I am. I have become that which I swore I would never endure! Could it be that I am being led along for a purpose, or is it just pleasing to my eyes and good enjoyment for the moment? I appreciate the gesture of entertainment for my eyes, but my mind is hardly able to cope! Oh if I were a stable person, I would have been over this weeks ago. If there could be just an opportunity, something for me to work with, but fleeting glances are not enough to even build a familiarity. I must laugh at myself, really. I have succumbed so easily to a man who hasn't even spoken a word to me. Yet, all these years I've sworn I would never be submissive to any man, no matter what. But, here I am, fully compliant to a complete stranger. Am I so easily swayed? All it took were pretty eyes, a wonderful smile, and a wild imagination. He provided the first, and I, in all my glory, have run wild with the last. Should I wish I could surrender my intense imagination for something duller? But it would be to destroy a wonderful world if I surrendered my imagination and creativity. If anything, though he torments me so, he has certainly inspired my artistic side.

4 comments:

  1. I love this!!!! sounds kinda like Jane Austen.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my... I very much love this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mhmm...agree with all the above. Also might i mention that you are one of the most amazing authors i know.
    Thank you for sharing all of this with us.

    ReplyDelete