Sunday, September 26, 2010

To Write


The wonders of a pen are great.
There are many things it can do.
It always takes me to a place,
And gives me life anew.

I spend my time dreaming,
And writing it down in pen.
But it seems what I am dreaming,
Will never leave my head.

I must use the light to my advantage,
But the night has its own draw.
I cannot decide if I love it,
Even when I cannot see at all.

My thoughts, my thoughts,
They are twisting in my head.
And I certainly have a hard time
When I try to go to bed.

I should sleep with my pen in hand,
And my paper next to me.
So no matter what time of day,
I can write all I want to be.

Oh good heavens.
This really is so sweet.
Except when I have to rephrase it,
It isn't just as neat.

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful rhymes! :)
    The wonders of a pen are great, but I'm sorry to hear that you are trading writing for sleep ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! haha. You know, many times I have traded sleep for writing, and we'll just have to see if those long nights paid off in the end...

    ReplyDelete