Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rain Drops on my Skin



A single raindrop splashes on my skin. The sensation sends waves of emotions and feelings rushing through my body. I feel alive. Invigorated by this single drop of heavenly dew. I long for more. Waiting anxiously for another splash, a touch from above. With my arms open wide, I feel the relief and energy that spreads through me as the drops begin to fall. One after the other they land on my skin, sending shock waves through my nerves. Could there be anything stronger? As the downpour continues, I turn my eyes, filled with their own moisture, to the sky. Such a powerful feeling from such common little drops of water. But there is nothing common about the rain. No scientific research that can explain the healing that takes place in the rain. I am lucky to have felt such a powerful element in my ordinary life. Truly a miracle that saves my soul from being lost, merely washing my problems away.



If it is yet not plain the reading eye,



I love the rain.

3 comments:

  1. My dear,

    did you know that I love the rain as well? Of course for me it evokes slightly different feelings.. it relaxes me and makes me contemplative. Not melancholy or sad... just contemplative....

    I don't know why, but I start pondering why I do what I do, and why others have done things to me.

    I do agree however that the rain has healing qualities, it heals wounds that I have long forgotten I had- although they hurt just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have guessed you loved the rain! :-)Rain puts me in weird moods, it's kinda funny! A good book, coffee, and rain is my ultimate healing situation.

    ReplyDelete