Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lost Friendship



You're falling away,
Slipping through my fingers.
I think of all the things I say,
To prevent the heartache going deeper.
I am reaching out to help you.
But you won't grab my hand.
All your nightmares come true,
As you sink into the sand.
I try to bear your burden.
I try to take your pain.
But I can only know then,
This ending's such a shame.
Please take my helping hand,
As I call your echoed name.
And pull you from the sinking sand,
And rid you of this pain.
But I fear that I am useless.
You yet continue to sink.
I don't think I can do this,
My spirit's just too weak.
Soon you'll have to disappear,
Your charming face will fade.
I will try to stay so very near,
Throughout these gloomy days.
Perhaps you may find your way,
Back to the life you had.
I away upon that glorious day,
When tears will not be sad.

1 comment: