Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sunrise


I stand here, on the edge of it all, waiting for the sun to rise. It is a renewing sun that calms my soul and soothes my heart. If I can but make it through the starless night and experience the glorious sun, then I know I will be alright. Dawn brings new hope and love. It brings endless possibilities. It heals the pain and washes away the dirt. The sunrise is a new beginning from the long, dark night. The heat warms my skin and it glows in a rich orange color. The wind blows fresh in my face and smells sweet. Birds sing and welcome the new day. And for the first time since the sunset, I can breathe deeply. The air refreshes my body and mind. The warmth of the beautiful morning thaws the cold shell I had developed during the moonless night. Dawn is God's way of rewarding those who have survived the night's hardships. It is his way of saying, "Good morning.", "Well done", and "I love you." And it is that which keeps me pursuing through the night. No matter how dark, or how scary, or how long the night seems, dawn will always come. And the renewing breath of God will blow through my hair and his light will shine on my face. It is moments like those, moments of pure relief, that is what I long for.

No comments:

Post a Comment